Day 13: Silver Spoon

1) What is your reaction to the text you just read?

Well, it is very familiar. I have actually seen the anime adaptation while it was being released to the US. I greatly enjoyed the series for you feel that you are experiencing the story along with protagonist who is also an outsider to farm culture. I also appreciate that the story teaches you so much about the farming culture and other people's views on different areas of farming. I really enjoyed the anime adaption and loved how true it stayed to the manga as I was reading it. I love how proactive and willing the main character is throughout the manga, this makes the reader get excited when he does and feel that they have learned something really interesting. I really want to finish the manga to see what all happens to everyone.

2) What connections did you make with the story? Discuss the elements of the work with which you were able to connect.

As stated in the first question, I appreciated learning along with the protagonist. The story really relates to anything you learn for the first time. I grew up in Texas, but in the city. There are many farms and agriculture is a big part of Texas. In high school I was able to enter an art contest for the Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo where I actually won first place is the 3D division 3 years in a row. Through this I learned a lot about show live stock, the breeding and how it is very similar to dog shows. I also learned about different breads of animals and what they were raised for. For example, there are many different types of cows, those for producing milk, for the meat, to show, and more. I also learned that there are far more species of animals than I thought. the last year I was able to compete, I sculpted a Polish rooster, which before the competition I did not even know existed. They are really cool chickens that basically have an afro of feathers on their head. This manga reminded me of learning about the stock show and rodeo, learning about the animals and culture.

3) What changes would you make to adapt this story to another medium? What medium would you choose? What changes would you make?

I feel that this perfectly adapted to an anime, which has happened. I felt that the production studio did a wonderful job conveying the story and making each experience be seen through the protagonist's eyes. What I would change is that I would finish the adaptation. From what I remember the anime is not as long as the manga, and I really enjoyed the series, so I would want to complete the adaptation by finishing the whole story.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 4: I Saw It

Day 3: Cigarette Girl

Day 7: Garden of Words